University of the Americas Collegian
Vol. 17, No 15.
Km. 16, Carretera México - Toluca; México 10, D. F.
viernes 14 de agosto, 1964
- Professors Report On Benefits Gained At Danforth Conference
- UA Business Manager Named To New Position
- Thirty-Four B. A. Candidates Listed For Summer Graduation
- UA Students Now Being Interviewed By CARE
- 'Mexico In Transition' Program Gives Chance To See Real Mexico
Pies de Fotos
- Foto 1: CandidatesDiscussing the future are Jinx Maxon, Linda Morris, Amber Forrest, Sharon Teichen,George Rabasa and Terry McEuoy. candidates for the degree of Bachelor's this quarter. These students are some of the thirty-four expecting to recieue B. A. degrees this month.
- Foto 2: William Rodgers
- Foto 3: Contrasts In The CapitalThe workshop group listens intently to an archeologist's description of the Pyramid to Quetzalcoatl. in Tlaltelolco. The students are in the midst of three distinct cultures: Pre-Colombian. Colonial. and modern. The structures at this site are parts of A.ztec Tenochtitlan. the early Spanish church of Santiago Tlaltelolco (not shown) and the surrounding modern edifices of the Nonoalco federal housing project.
- Staff Bids Summer Students Farewell
- Nation's Youth In Need Of Functional Guidance
- Recordando A Unamuno
- Church Of Santa Prisca Is Beautiful Taxco Landmark
- Capt. Yossarian Finds Strange Logic And Insanity Of Wars In 'Catch 22
- Recordando A Unamno
Pies de Foto
- Foto 1: Situated deep in the heart of the State of Guerrero is Taxco, a source of unending interest to historians, artists, photographers and writers. Here lingers the charm of the 16th and 17th centuries, unchanged by the march of time.
- Native Artists Make Ceremonial Carpet
- Work On Expansion Of Cafeteria Scheduled For Fall Completion
- Miss Wilson Gains Honor
- Nine Graduate Students File As Candidates For Master's
- Installation Of Oaxaca Room Directed By Prof
- Babbitt Recounts Experiences As Lumberjack In Ketchikan, Alaska
Pies de Foto
- Foto 1: Day In A VillageNow on exhibit in the theater lobby is a series of photos taken by José Luis del Campo, a member of the Photographic Club Of Mexico. Included in the pictures, taken during a three day stay at Xilitla. San Luis Potosí, are scenes of women planting corn, men harvesting apples, a young boy sweeping and children at work, at play, and at school.
- Foto 2: Huamantla CreationStudents shown admiring a pre-Colombia sand and saw-dust shield bordered with gardenias are (left to right) Linda Holman, Kay Lucas, Merrvin Beard, and Bob Maddock. The stylized carpet was made especially for UA by native artists from the slate af Tlaxcala.
- Foto 3: Graduate ScholarsThree of the nine master's degree candidates discuss the topics of their theses. From left to right are John Philip Hamilton. Wallace Fouts and Caroline Wilkin.
- Riots In Barcelona Described By UAer
- Author Finds Writing Center Stimulating
- Father Melvin Tells Of Life In Benedictine Abbey Of St. Meinrad
- Liebmans Plan Three Month European Tour
Pies de Foto
- Foto 1: Takes Practice Shown drinking from Iris goatskin winebag is Raymond Gonzáles who became proficent at this at Difficult feat in Barcelona where he experienced rtots and a night in jail.
- Foto 2: Reverend Joel Melvin
- Foto 3: Nea Visitors Kateen Favela (left) and Mrs. Melvina Liebman (center) head of the education department. take a group ol 20 American teachers on a tour of the UA campus Dr. D. Ray Lindley welcomed the visitors and lectured on the University's history. The guests then heard a talk by Seymour 8 . Liebman on tire socio-economic background of Mexico. Three National Education Association groups have visited tire University of tire Americas this summer.