University of the Americas Collegian
Vol. 18, No 8.
Km. 16, Carretera México - Toluca; México 10, D. F.
jueves 11 de marzo, 1965
- Twenty-Two Candidates Listed For B. A. Degrees This Quarter
- Houck's Photo Given First Place In Mexico
- Weckmann Appointed To Paris Diplomatic Post
- UA Endorsed As Educational Link At Binational Meet
- Artist Wins Prize For Pastel Drawing
- New Theater Acquired By Drama Group
Pies de Foto
- Foto 1: Work? Travel? More Study? Some of the candidates for the bachelor of arts degree to be awarded at the end of this term discuss post graduation plans. Left to right are Graciela Loya, Nancy Ruth Gast, Stephen Webster, Benson Lanford, Edward Brown, and William Garrett. In the rear is James Cook.
- Foto 2: Photo Of The Year A chimney stack and rooftop clothes line enclosures form the subject matter for this shot a double prize-winner in competition throughout Mexico.
- Foto 3: Expert In Portraiture Jean Joysmith, UA instructor in applied arts, is shown with one of her pastel drawings. Mrs. Joysmith was recently awarded second prize at an annual exhibition of artists in Mexico held at the Acapulco Hilton Hotel.
- WQIMers Help Make Enioyable Quarter
- Lack Of Consideration Causes Library Problems
- Education Dept. Chairman Evaluates Evening Teacher Training Program
- Students Enumerate 'Musts' For Sightseeing In Mexico
- Faculty Demonstrates Exceptional Talent
- Similarity Of Mexico, India Impresses Student
- Spring Meet Of WQIMers At Ohio State
- Yankee Caballero Recollects Adventures In Europe, Africa
- Conversation Groups Meet
- Graduate Office Announces Candidates For M.A. Degrees
- Carnivals, Resorts Highlight Coed's Three Years In Europe
- Five Initiated Into Delta Mu
Pies de Foto
- Foto 1: H. S. Sekhon
- Foto 2: After Parris Island Three years of active duty in the Marines included a mock invasion of North Africa, a close-up of Communist agitation in Italy, and an afrernoon in Athens for Steve Schmeclk who is now a political science major.
- Foto 3: Graduate Scholars Discussing various aspects of their theses are (left to right) David Steen, Ana Mora de Wakeland, and Carlos Klavins, who are candidates for the master's degree.
- Foto 4: Linda M. Davis
- Offense Clicks, All-Stars Routed
- Us, Stuka Catch Clods, Fierce Battle Ensues
- Faculty Demonstrates...
- Rough Life Teaches Cochran Value Of College Education
- UA Student Leads Lone Life In New Zealand
Pies de Foto
- Foto 1: Experience Of Living Alone Seeking nature not man, Hendrick Meinesz spent solitary months in a fire lookout tower in a New Zealand jungle.
- Foto 2: World Wanderer UA student Robin Cochran who has worked as a cowboy in Oregon, a longeshoreman in San Francisco and traveled throughout Europe has returned to the campus to continue his studies.