University of the Americas Collegian
Vol. 17, No 9.
Km. 16, Carretera México - Toluca; México 10, D. F.
viernes 24 de abril, 1964
- Hispanic Studies Fund Created As Memorial
- Evening Students Graduate
- University Party Victorious In Hotly Contested Election
- Weckmann At Meeting
- Rivas Ibanez Named Dean Of Grad School
- Bastien To Work For OAS
- Enrollment At New High
Pies de Foto
- Foto 1: The Champs On the student center balcony discutsing plans to start their program moving the student council are (left to right) feff Gregg. president: Rogers, vice president: and Neil foines, secretary treasurer. Tire University Party swept the election with a campaign featured many striking innovations.
- Foto 2: New Dean Enrique Rivas lbañes; a past professor it UA and a prominent Mexican scholar has been named head of the graduate school and chairman of the department of Spanish language and literature.
- College Morals Trend Product Of Maturity
- No Exam Plan Seems To Please Everybody
- Festive Atmosphere Dominates San Marcos Day in Aguascalientes
- Cantinflas Continues Picaresque Traditions
- Apathy Should Be Eliminated
Pies de Foto
- Foto 1: It's Here Shown above is the finai design for the newly approved school ring. Delivery clatc for the first orders which were recently taken in June 8.
- Foto 2: Danzante Mexican traditional dancers entertain in a street in Aguascalientes. This is their way of participating in the ambiente of the traditional Feria de San Marcos. which start tomorrow in that city.
- UA Profe ssor Writes For 'Atlantic Monthly'
- Home Of United States Embassy Called Architectural Marvel
- Newmanites Make Plans
- Works of Teichen, Ferguson Exhibited In Combined Show
- Cultural Variations Compared By UA Coed
- Stafford Books Enrarge Library
- New Teacher For Music Classes
- Rules For lncompletes
Pies de foto
- Foto 1: Graceful Arches The base of the building of the new U.S. Embassy on Paseo de la Reforma monstrates the common herritage of the United States Mexico in the ancient civilization of the Medterraenean.
- Foto 2: Sharon Teichen
- Foto 3: From ACCRA UA coed, Agries Wallace now in her first year here is shown in native costume made of kenfe cloth.
- Foto 4: Rodney Ferguson
- Top Military Planner Relates Experiences
- Stukas Headed For Fifth Win
- Fencing Club To Schedule Summer Meets
- Judogas Plan Competition
Pies de Foto
- Foto 1: Champions The Sluka bowling team has cinched the title for four quarters out of tire last five and with a newcomer. Steve Rosenburg are back and ready to take on all new challengers. From le ft to right are fean Claude Tribut. Claude le Brun. Steve Rosenburg. and Arturo landau.
- Foto 2: Who's Holding Whom Student Mike Schlott (back to camera) and instructor fim Kliora demonstrate tire Kati Guruma technique - one of the more spectacular throws.
- Foto 3: One False Step Jim Kliora takes Mike Schlott for a ride this time, using a 'sweep'. The sweep techinique begins with the aggresor manuvering his opponent into moving rapidly to one side. A swift kick is then placed on the opponent's lower leg to exploit his movement and sweep his feet out from under him.