University of the Americas Collegian
Vol. 23, No 12.
Km. 16, Carretera México - Toluca; México 10, D. F.
viernes 29 de mayo, 1970
- 'New Art' Exhibited
- Standards Low, Survey Reveals
- 106 To Recieve B.A.'s
Pies de foto
- Foto 1: April Comes Softly Is the title opf this painting by UA student Keith Waker which seems to be beckoning you to come to see her at Walker's exhibit at the Mexican-American Cultural Relations Institute before June 9.
- Foto 2: Professor Schwartz
- Freedom Is Always Taken
- British Get Boost.
- And Lindley Is An Honorable Man
- Love and Peace Should Replace Hate and War
- We Are Manipulated By Our Own Fear. By Clare Mooser
Pies de foto
- Foto 1: Washington Delegate
- Foto 2: Black Speaks
- Foto 3: Students & McBride
- Foto 4:Theater May 8. 1970
Pies de foto
- Foto 1: Crowning Glory Audón Coria, Collegian editor, finishes an editorial on deadlin day while Managing Editor Jon Smuecker adds a little "incentive technique".
- Foto 2: Making Their Point Editors Audón Coria and John Smuecker instruct new reporters on certain aspects of journalistic style. The Collegiate Press voted Coria "Most Valuable Speller", while Shcmuecker was voted "Most Balant Liar".
- Foto 3: Mixing His Chemical "Flashbulb" John O'Leary emerges from the dark room with half a gallon of his famous "Lone Star Corn Squeezings" Said 'Leary. "It sure beats my last batch of Red Mountain".
- Foto 4: Correcting His Spellin Jon Schmuecker, UA English major chose spelling and punctuation have been rated on the level of a below average third grader, finally drives proofreaders Audón Coria and Clare Mooser over the brink.
- Foto 5: Off With Her Head Collegian Advisor Clare Moonser takes the honorable way out when her editors failed to mee the last deadline. Photog "Lens" O'Leary, fed up with Mooser's comments about his "lcusy pics" is only too glad to assist. Said O'Leary: "This is my finest hour".
- Foto 6: All In Fun? Collegian editors, locked in the press room for three straight days and ordered to preoduce, finally, lose their heads on Monday morning when comely Linda Hollenshead opens the office.
- Foto 7: Press Room Gang The above convicts, women beaters and chilld molesters were rounded up by campus police just after this last issue went to press. They were sentenced to life for printing subversive material wich undermined UA´s international, intercultural, multi-media manys-plendored image.
- Foto 8: Caught In The Act Collegian photographer John O'Leary and secretary Linda Hollenshead were taken by surprise last Saturday by fellow staffers who droped in to check on a weekend deadline said O'Leary: "Linda and I just wanted to see what would develop."